Chinese Caramelized Spareribs by Dugan Lang
- 1 Carrot Diced
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 Leek Sliced
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 lb chicken bones
- 2 lbs Pork Spareribs, silver skin removed and separated
- 1Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 3 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
Prep time : 30 Minutes
Cooking time: Chicken stock 6 hours
Cooking time : Spare Ribs 55 minutes
- Evening before prep first 4 ingredients and place in a crock pot for 6 hours cooking time.
- Bring the pre-made chicken stock to a boil and add spareribs. Blanch the meat for 10 minutes, remove from the stock and drain well.
- Line ovenproof pan for easier cleanup. Lay ribs in the bottom of the pan. Combine the maple syrup, vinegar and garlic and spread the mixture on the ribs.
- Add the soy sauce and the stock to the dish. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place into the very hot 475 F oven and cook until ribs are caramelized and turned a rich, dark, brown colour.